At London Wall we are proud to foster a positive culture in which team members are encouraged to grow and develop their skills through consistent training and education. In an effort to better incorporate the topic of mental health at work, we’re pleased to announce that London Wall has backed the Building Mental Health (BMH) Charter.
Our commitment to the BMH Charter has granted the London Wall team access to an abundance of mental health resources, including online educational resources and CPD accredited courses.
The objective of the BMH Charter is to demonstrate a commitment and acceptance that the companies or organisations engaged will adopt the charter principles;
- Provide awareness and understanding of the impact of poor mental ill health to our workforce and promote positive mental health through facilitated workshops, with the aims of:
- Reducing stigma and discrimination
- Encouraging conversation in the workplace
- Educate and enable champions from across the workforce to support keeping our people safe.
- Provide access to accredited Mental Health First Aid training and provide assistance to signpost workers to support their communities.
- Recognise and accept education and training by peers and Building Mental Health partners
BMH is a Framework, borne out of a cross industry volunteer group created with contributions from clients, contractors, specialist sub-contractors, designers, trade associations, trade unions, regulators, training bodies.
The purpose is to provide a flexible and consistent framework to enable all parts of the construction sector to access mental health support, provide awareness and training and put in place a structure and systems to support people working in and around our industry.
If you would like to find out more about the Building Mental Health’s Framework and Charter, you can visit their website: https://www.buildingmentalhealth.net/